Monday, May 7, 2012

Stay Cool, Hollywood.


Immense apologies for my absence. I have a valid excuse, however. I had to go to LA for 2 weeks so I could find a place to live. Yes, that's right. We're moving across the country. whaaaaaat? I still don't think the hugeness of this has fully set in yet. I am a Texas girl through and through. I have never lived anywhere else...never been away from my family. Consequently I am shitting my pants. (Don't get grossed out! It was a metaphor)! 

J has earned an awesome opportunity out there, so we're not just go out west with stars in our eyes and dreams in our hearts!!!! He actually has viable income, which is ahhhmazing. I'm confident this move will open doors for me too. New things to shoot. New people to meet. I really want to start focusing my work. (I'll give you a moment to stop giggling at my hilarious pun). But fo' realz, ya'll...for the past several years I've been shooting anything for anyone everywhere. I feel I'm going to L.A. with enough experience to shoot what I want to shoot. I'm pretty pumped about it. 

How lucky I am to get a fresh start with my best friend and to see the fruits of his labor. To consider the path we've been walking down together for 5 years only to find ourselves here is a wild thing. Also, in my nostalgic-boohoo-I'm leaving home-waah-waah time I realized how incredibly blessed I am to have such a loving and amazing family to miss with all my heart strings...
Some people don't have family to miss, right?
So here are some images of our 2 weeks. It was a whirl wind. 

An adorable service dog in the eatery at The Pali Hotel in West Hollywood and the cute dining room. 
(This hotel was almost too hip...down to every last detail)

An orange tree on our patio. I want to get one of these for our garden as soon as I get out there. GAWD I love hotel robes..Here's Jonathan in one....that's what I look at every morning. Too funny. 

The little coffee shop in our hotel.

And finally, Venice. This is where Jonathan and I found a little 2 bedroom Bungalow. We love it. I found the "World's Smallest Front Yard" on the boardwalk, by the way. Just in case you were wondering where it is. 

More on California later. 

xo
a

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats on moving. How exciting. Looking forward to seeing photos to come.

    -ash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...