Thursday, February 21, 2013
Thrift Store Haul
1. Floral Tapestry Weekender- Everyone is pinning the shite out of those tribal weekenders (including myself). When I saw this Tapestry Weekender at Goodwill I thought it was a lovely alternative. It's well-made and was totally worth 14 bucks. I have a sneaking suspition Tapestry is about to get reeeal trendy. I bet we'll see some form of it in Urban Outfitters soon.
2. Blue Felt Hat with Strange Fluff- Jonathan eyed this one. $3. Honestly I haven't figured what to wear this with yet. That "gym sweatshirt" light blue heather is a toughie. Any suggestions?
3. Vintage Velvet/Ribbon Pillow- This matches the quilt on my bed perfectly, and even if it didn't vintage-y pillows you can pretty much toss anywhere to spruce up an otherwise boring nook and/or cranny. It was so sweet, I had to get it. I'm pretty picky about housewares in thrift stores, but this one spoke to me. $3.
4. Floral Thangs- The brighter pink dress is your stereotypical 90's dress...with a super rad cut out in the back. I'm gonna Drew Barrymore this mofo and rock it with some Docs. The cream skirt with the bigger floral pattern is a very special find. It's a super high waisted skirt that is the perfect floor length. If it was wintery enough I'd wear it with a bright turtleneck. I think I'll keep it forever. :)
Dress: $7 Skirt: $8
5. Macrame-ish Handbag- I just haven't bought a good little bag in a while and this one will do all spring and summer long. Does macrame ever go out of style? What? It did in the 80's. Well, let's give it another chance. $4
6. Vintage Sheet Music- I love finding old books and paper in thrift stores. We use this for collages. Jonathan uses it more than I do for his art in general. I really can't get enough of this stuff though. The old paper and fonts are so romantic. The dusty, muted colors of old sheet music is the stuff of my dreams.
You have any thrift store scores of late? I've been on a rampage!