Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ice Aqua

I got the opportunity to go thrifting the other day. It was actually a pretty cathartic experience. Typically I have this "hunting" mentality when I secondhand shop, and plow through racks rapidly jerking clothes this way and that. This time, I was alone and really took the time to comb through everything. Thrift Town was actually playing some groovy lounge/organ music, which was a nice change from the usual Contemporary Christian and/or Adult Soft Rock tunes they have pumpin. Amongst my findings was this Givenchy ice-y aqua cable knit turtleneck sweater.
That was a lot of adjectives. 


I gave this hair style a try. Very Little House On The Prairie, yes? It was my first go around, but not bad.

 I just separated the top layer of my hair and pinned it to the top of my head to get it out of the way. Then, I did three thickish braids around my neck fastening with clear rubber bands. (1 for each side and one in the middle). Then did one braid on each side with the remaining hair I had pinned up. (5 in all). To finish up I wound the braids in a random serpentine manner pinning to the lower back of my head, hiding and tucking the loose ends. (It takes lots of bobby pins, and a little trial and error, but it turned out cute). If you have bangs or want to tease/curl or pin back some front wisps do that first so you can style your braids to look best with whatcha got goin on up front, and so you don't have extra hair you don't know what to do with. 
xo,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...