Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rhinestones and Ropers

Stripes and Florals. One of the most trustworthy combinations in my book. Look at them together. It's tailored on top and Kelly Kapowski on bottom. Also trustworthy: Ropers. Get yourself a pair. They toughen up anything and are comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time. Plus they don't discriminate based on seasons. 

On to the belt. When my NaNa passed, she left behind quite a few ridiculous rhinestone belts. Yes, these belts are gaudy... yes, these belts might be seen on such waists as cougars at your local sports bar, (NaNa wasn't a cougar) but I love them. I find the challenge of making them work with my daily outfits as opposed to making me look like a cougar rewarding. I LOVE pieces like that. Otherwise seen on douche bags, but resurrected on someone new in a completely different/non-douche way. 

NEW: Just saw the lovely lady from Atlantic-Pacific did a post on stripes and florals. She's too damn cute. Check her out.

Floral Skirt: Thrifted, Striped Shirt: Ralph Lauren/thrifted, Belt: Nana's, Boots: Dolly Python, Bulldog Necklace: China Town in NY, Scarf: F21, Hat: J.Crew, Sunglasses: Nordstrom (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...