Monday, January 14, 2013

Mixing High and Low

My husband recently revealed to me an advantage women have in dressing themselves that men have more difficulty relishing in. Mixing high end and low end clothing. He brought it up over dinner....at a french restaurant...over a prohibition era cocktail....on our romantic date night...don't make a big deal about it....and I was wearing this outfit which happens to be a prime example of mixing expensive, inexpensive aaaand midrange clothing (I'm an over achiever).

I audibly laughed at how on point he was. I mean look at this. My Forever21 ($4.00) vest is missing every plastic rhinestone, and honestly I bought it that way! I don't even give a care.
  (I actually think it's kinda funny).
 My bracelet? Not only is it assisting me in the achievement of tha' mixed metals action going on here, but it was also found on the ground. However, this look would fall short if it wasn't for the more high end Enzo Angiolini stilettos (I get that $120 shoes aren't really "high end" but it was certainly a splurge for me). That gold heel detail is all,
 "You're welcome for making any outfit you wear look like a million bucks."
I'm just not convinced that dudes have pieces that can transform them like that....Am I wrong?
Real quick, can we talk about the detail on the shirt? It looks like rhinestones birthing metal rods which are vomiting black yarn. I'M IN LOVE!
{Riding Pants: American Apparel}{Shoes: Enzo Angiolini, Nordstrom}{Vest, Earrings: F21}
{Belt, Shirt, Bag, Bracelets: Vintage, thrifted or found}{Blazer: Zara (similar)}


27 comments:

  1. WOW! Such a chic look! I am really digging those shoes- and yes, I agree, your vest is rocking awesome. Great style!!

    ~ Courtney http://cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! still think you're rockin' it even with the missing rhinestones... you look amazing.

    Mai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mai!! I find nothing wrong with missing rhinestones. :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous outfit. Your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous !! love the outfit !!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you! Great blog. You're a total babe fo' sho!

      Delete
  5. Such a sleek outfit - I love the gold detailling on the heels of your shoes, that's really gorgeous! ^.^

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. followed you on GFC and Bloglovin!! have a great week!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a great style! I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow pretty blog

    Stay Gold my dear!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww!! I am a big fun when comes to wear Black, I think is so classic and timeless. You look ver Posh.

    www.friendsarfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so gorgeous. I love how you styled this outfit! I can't even notice the missing gems/stones in your vest! You really do look like a million bucks =) Anyways, I'm your newest follower on google (#66) and bloglovin (47). I'd love it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow too? It'd also be great if we could keep in touch via twitter =D

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist

    ReplyDelete
  11. That outfit looks fantastic and you have genuinely gorgeous hair - I love it!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous, I like your style!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing outfit, you look so gogeous! i love your hair <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, did you say something about an outfit?

    All I see is that beautiful hair! :) I love it all!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit, great photography! :D

    xx Francesca of primpandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very simple, yet lovely outfit! Love the accessories as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit!

    Now following xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your style! You put everything together so well... can't wait to see what's next!

    xo
    http:www.nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just find your blog!!! I enjoyed your post and I find it really unique!
    http://highandchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah this outfit is amazing! Totally classic but also perfectly glamorous. And the background matches perfectly. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You definitely don't look like you are wearing f21 stuff, you look like a million dollars! Love the second photo your hair and style looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty outfit! Nice job mixing high and low end pieces!

    -FashionEdible

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...