Friday, August 16, 2013

Au Revior, Pee Wee: The Versatility of the Silk Scarf

Silk scarves. The never-ending abyss into which many-a-vintage lover can so easily fall. Typically no more than 3 dollars (if you're shopping at the right places), it's easy to find yourself with a drawer full. But who's complaining? They can transform looks with one tie of a knot, and boy are they versatile!

Perfect for pony tails.
A pop of color tied on your handbag.
As a pocket square in a blazer.
Tied around your neck with a collared shirt for the classic prep look.
As a blindfold for, uh.....whatever you see fit.
To complete a Rosie the Riveter look.
Around your head for a gypsy vibe.
To wave goodbye out the window of a train, "Au revoir, Pee Wee!"

Really, the list goes on.

Are you a scarf junkie? Any more tips on how to put them to good use?
Silk Scarf: Vintage (Similar)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Here they are in RED! Love it)
Cut Offs: Vintage Calvin Klein (Similar)
Shirt: Thrifted Vintage



12 comments:

  1. I love your blog. And I've been wanting to explore the eccentric silk pocket square vibe for a while now. Might need to do some vintage shopping this weekend and give my bandannas a much needed break.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben! Most vintage stores have a big basket full of great options. Document your vintage shopping and share your finds on your blog!!!
      Hope you're well!
      a

      Delete
  2. Those boots!! I have them as well but my fringe is unruly and I look like a Clydesdale in them. I'm very close to performing a fringe-ectomy, it's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you KNOW I'm a scarf junkie. Lurve how you styled yours!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything silk and vintage. Great booties girl rocking them!
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the boots! Great post as always =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, I'm yet to use one in the 'au rivoir' way, but now I have something to aim for! great pics, and i love the tassled shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luuuf scarfs, but my hair is too crappy and short for them :|

    Adore your outfit as always ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never really knew what to do with short scarfs, but you've convinced me to the other side. Love your photos as aways! Also, those shoes ah so pretty

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do buy a lot of scarves, but actually using them is very rare for me haha. You've definitely got some good ideas for uses though!
    Nicole
    www.younglovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. "hi my name is Hope and I'm a scarf junkie.. I've been trying to get over my addiction for years now but cravings are far to strong... that's why I'm joining scarf junkies anonymous...." but lets be honest this is a love affair that will last through the ages because really? It's the best way to add something interesting to a look and hide the bed head! Sign me up!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm such a scarf junkie, lately a bit less but I bought a really pretty one in the sales :D (yes yes I still need to get myself to some really good vintage stores). Oh and my mom has ton of great ones to borrow as well. Really love the way you tied this one around your head, for some reason I do that too little. I usually use them around my neck or handbag :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...