Friday, May 20, 2011

My Happy Place

I'll start with a video the day after the wedding. One of my favorite days. Just watching
everyone hang out and fly kites with wizards on them.


One of the best things about living on the beach is the amount of Robe wearing that
commences. It's abundant. Every morning = crosswords and robes. Walk on
the beach? Let me grab my robe. BBQ? I hope I don't get sauce on my robe! It is so much my
favorite thing, that we got them for everyone that stayed in the house, and then some.
It's hilarious to see over ten grown adults wandering around in matching robes. 

Me and J in the morning with ice coffee on the back porch, and the girls in the eve 
watching the sunset on the front porch.  


(No make-up-day-at-the-beach faces. Pleaze don't be upset, ladies).


Anastasia Island hugs the coast of the mainland. It is less than a 1/2 a mile wide in some parts, so 
you have the view of the inner-coastal on one side, and the Atlantic is on the the other. 
Here is our front porch at sunset. The photo does it absolutely no justice. 



and our back porch mid-day. 



The porch completely wrapped around the house, so Delilah held her post as guard
when she wasn't laying in the sun.


Here's another thing: the beach makes your hair look RAD.


I understand that there are a lot of Florida haters out there. I mean, it does have 
a bit of a white trash rep. I love it though. You can walk into the grocery store with no
shoes, and no one judges you. However...St. augustine is a very special place, and most other 
parts of Florida I'm not a big fan of. It's the oldest city in the U.S.
Here are somethings it has to offer:

Hippies with Dogs:
(This one might not appeal to everyone).


Quaint Vintage shops:


Secret Gardens:


Beautiful views from Martini Bars:


Handsome men eating pecan pie at Organic Restaurants:


Cute girls at local bars:



 This is where I am happiest.


The beach is big and clean, and this is actually the most crowded I've ever seen it. 



Me and Del representin Texas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...