Friday, October 14, 2011

A Western Union

A denim or chambray shirt is a STAPLE. I wear mine all the time. 
I would even go on record saying denim is my favorite neutral..(besides leopard print and sparkle, duh).
Typically, I'd wear some sexy lady black bootie shorts with this skirt, but they don't 
appreciate that in corporate environments. 
WHO KNEW!?------> If you work for JCP you'll get that joke.

Another tip: Many times I find skirts that I LOVE with waist bands too big
to fit at my natural waistline. Typically, I'll buy it anyway (especially because
when I find myself in this pickle it's at thrift stores and the skirts are only 2 bucks), and
pull it up to my waist, fold it over and safety pin it, situating the fold right down
the middle of the skirt. Then to hide the fixerupper, I'll use a statement belt.
 Done. See below for example :)



 
 Necklace and Denim Shirt: F21, Skirt and Belt: thrifted

Art by Jonathan Brooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...