Saturday, October 20, 2012

¡BANDIDOS, BANDEROS, ESPECIAL!

Excuse the lack of posts this week, I've been a bit under the weather. The good news is I received a package full of vintage dresses and blazers from my Kimono designing, tea drinking, forever cat having , minimalist Godmother. I was the recipient of the casualties of her recent closet cleaning. Most of the items are simple and clean, but well made, vintage and fit me perfectly. WOOHOO!
I tried my hand at this Nicole Miller dress first. The beaded trim detail on the dress reminded me of the Mariachi-like hats Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short wore in ¡Three Amigos!. 
I straddled that desert/southwestern inspiration into the preverbal style-sunset. 

Snake Necklace, brothel thigh-highs (which Jonathan warmly refer to as "whore-socks"), lace-up frontier-ish boots, and some turquoise. Aaaaand a hat to tip to strangers/hide my unwashed hair. I guess I could get away with calling this a "messy side braid" but lets be real: it's a dread.

I will admit, this is a little costumey, but 
GIMMEABREAKIT'SOCTOBERIJUSTFELTLIKEITSTOPJUDGINGMEEEEEEH!!!!!

On a serious note, I really do adore the details of this dress. I love the texture of the dupioni silk. The cut of the bust line and the back especially made me want to put it on immediately. And of course the beading at the bottom. It's amazing how texture and cut can turn an other-wise boring piece into something special. 


Boots: UO, Thigh Highs: Spirit Halloween, Neckalce: Brooklyn Flea Market, Hat and Nicole Miller Dress: Gifted, Bracelets: Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...