Sunday, October 14, 2012

She Might Go All The Way

This is one of those looks that would be nothing without accessories. Sometimes you just want to be completely comfortable yet still stylish, and I think you can achieve that by layering on gobs of ridiculous accessories. I think the rule is actually only to have one pop to keep it classy, but I just went for it from head to toe. Thankfully it worked. You could probably just pick ONE of these and be good to go...

50's inspired scarf to feminize an otherwise ordinary pony tail.
Giant statement necklace for a solid shirt or camisole. (In this case my carousel horse which is one of my favorite pieces that I just don't wear enough).
A bright clutch/shoulder bag in place of the usual black or brown.
A HILARIOUS rhinestone belt inherited from my NaNa. (I have to be careful what I choose to pair this bad boy with or else I end up looking like a cougar trolling at a sports bar).
Bright green suede shoes I found at a thrift store. I like to call them Harlem Church Going Shoes. 
And of course, three watches....none of which work. What I'm doing here is making an ironic statement about the irrelevance of time (no I'm not).

Scarf, Necklace, Watches, Jacket and Shoes all vintage or thrifted, Belt: Gift, Jeans: F21, Pink Cami: H&M, Glasses: Cotton On

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...