Monday, October 1, 2012

Ode to Mom Pants

Doesn't it irritate you when you feel like lookin' somewhat adorable (i.e. are in the mood to wear high shoes or something that is fashionable over functional) and you have absolutely nowhere to go? For example: I wore this to IKEA. This is a ridiculous outfit to wear to IKEA, but I didn't go there to give a fuck, so.......
In more news: I drove on the 405 by myself awwwlllll the way there. It was the first time I've done it since moving to Cali. How I've avoided it thus far is beyond me. 
More MOM pants in this post. You might remember my other pair from here or here. I LOVE them. Relatively easy to find in most thrift stores too. The trick is to find a pair made with good quality fabric. You can typically tell if they are made well by the way they drape on your body/you get a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. If you don't get a quality pair your just gonna look like every other damn hipster (not that there's anything wrong with that), and you won't be able to dress them up a little. Which is my favorite thing to do with 'em.    

Another tip: If you do find a great pair but the length is wrong, or you wish they got a little skinnier at the bottom, just roll them up all messy like OR french roll them. 

So go get some. Wear high shoes with them. Run some errands in that shit!

Belt, Shirt, Pants: Thrifted. Glasses: F21, Shoes: Sam Edelman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to spill your guts! However, please keep those guts nice and constructive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...